Halloween Ghost Hunting at Abbey House Museum & Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds 27th October 2018
- Payment Details
- What's Included
- Terms & Conditions
Join Visage Paranormal for a Halloween ghost hunting event at Abbey House Museum & Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds.
Abbey House is a Grade II listed building. Abbey House was built in the 12th Century as a gatehouse to Kirkstall Abbey. Abbey House underwent many renovations and changes and in 1927 the museum was opened.
Kirkstall Abbey is a ruined Cistercian monastery in Kirkstall, which was founded c.1152. It was disestablished during the Dissolution of the Monasteries under Henry VIII.
Kirkstall Abbey was acquired by Leeds Corporation as a gift from Colonel North and opened to the public in the late 19th century.
On 22 November 1539 the abbey was surrendered to Henry VIII’s commissioners in the Dissolution of the monasteries. It was awarded to Thomas Cranmer in 1542, but reverted to the crown when Cranmer was executed in 1556. Sir Robert Savile purchased the estate in 1584, and it remained in his family’s hands for almost a hundred years. In 1671 it passed into the hands of the Brudenell family, the Earls of Cardigan. Much of the stone was removed for re-use in other buildings in the area, including the steps leading to Leeds Bridge.
Various reports of ghostly goings on have been reported in the museum including doors opening and closing on their own, disembodied footsteps and voices have also been heard.
Reports of a monk have been made to be seen around the building, possibly associated with the nearby Kirkstall Abbey and the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539. The Monk has been seen to be wearing a brown habit which was the clothing of a monk of the period.
What will we encounter when we investigate these TWO magnificent buildings?
As it is our Halloween event there will be a buffet available and hot/cold drinks available through the night. In addition to this we will also be holding a FREE raffle for you to win some great prizes. There will also be a PRIZE for best costume on the night.
There is a large car park across the road from the Museum and the building is accessible for disabled people.
Are you brave enough to join us?
Sat 27 October 2018, 20:30 until 02:00
Abbey House Museum
There is a large secure Car Park directly opposite the museum that is used for visitors to the Museum and the abbey.
Visage Paranormal offer a way to keep costs down so you can pay a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to book your place then you can pay the remainder of the balance four weeks before the start date of the event.
Just select the Non-Refundable deposit option when checking out and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can pay by any of the methods shown above, however Paypal is our preferred payment method. You do not need a paypal account to pay for your event.
When paying the remainder of the balance please use the following link to pay: https://www.paypal.me/VisageParanormalLTD
Work in Small Personal Groups.
Take part in various experiments including table tipping, Glass Divination, Ouija sessions and Séances.
The chance to conduct a lone vigil (if you're brave enough).
Full use of our ghost hunting equipment.
Hot and cold drinks and snacks available throughout the night.
A friendly knowledgeable team to give help and guidance through the night.
Access to ALL areas of the building made available to us.
When you book onto one of our events you automatically agree to abide by our terms and conditions as listed below. Please read them carefully before booking. PLEASE NOTE:-DEPOSITS FOR EVENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All guests that attend any of our events MUST be aged 18 or over. NO EXCEPTIONS. Visage Paranormal reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone they suspect of being under the age limit specified. Names of ALL persons attending must be given at time of booking for insurance purposes.
- If you have a nervous disposition, suffer with heart problems or suffer from severe disabilities we advise that some of our events may not be suitable for you, please ask if you are unsure.
- Unfortunately, for insurance reasons, we CANNOT allow heavily pregnant women onto any of our events.
- Certain locations may NOT be suitable for people with disabilities, if you have any questions please contact us before you book onto any of our events and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Guests must take full responsibility for any personal equipment or clothing. Visage Paranormal accept no responsibility what so ever for any loss or damage during any of our events. You may leave your personal items in the base room, but you must do so at your own risk.
- When attending any of our events please wear sensible clothing and footwear. During the winter months warm clothing is advised as temperatures can drop quite considerably during the early hours. Visage Paranormal take no responsibility for illness or injury due to wearing incorrect clothing or footwear.
- Visage Paranormal have a strict NO DRUGS / NO ALCOHOL policy. Any guest suspected to be under the influence of either drugs or alcohol or found to be in the possession of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave the event immediately with no refund of any kind being given. You will be in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Guests should make their own travel arrangements to and from the event. This includes any overnight accommodation. We do not offer any travel arrangements to or from any of our events. Visage Paranormal cannot be held responsible for any costs relating to travel expenses for our guests.
- It is UK law that smoking is prohibited in any public building in the UK. The staff at the event location will tell you where the designated smoking area is for the guests that smoke.
- On-site parking is available at most locations. Guests park their vehicles either on site or nearby at their own risk. Visage Paranormal cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or to personal property.
- Guests attend these events purely at their own risk. Visage Paranormal accept no responsibility for any accident or injury to yourselves if you do not follow health and safety.
- Guests are advised to remain with one of the team leaders and treat all properties under investigation and it's contents with care and respect. This is not only for your own safety but helps us to ensure you are not going to get lost in some of the bigger buildings we may be investigating. Some of the buildings we investigate only allow us to enter certain parts due to refurbishments, or renovations etc. we do not want to run the risk of our investigators wandering off into these parts especially in the dark.
- You must conduct yourself in a sensible manner. You will in no way cause harm or injury to any other guest, Visage Paranormal team member or property nor will you speak in an aggressive or abusive manner to any other guest or Visage Paranormal team member. Any act of aggressive behaviour WILL NOT be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the event. NO REFUND will be given. If you refuse to leave then the appropriate action will taken to have you removed which could include the local constabulary.
- As per the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations act 2008 Visage Paranormal are obliged to tell you that all our events are for entertainment purposes only.
- Due to the location of some of our events they may be held either in or nearby a residential area. We ask that our guests be courteous and considerate due to the time that the event finishes and to the residents in the local area.
- Visage Paranormal may sometimes experience situations that are beyond our control, This may be adverse weather, or in rare circumstances venues and activities not being as expected due to last minute changes by the Venue. In such cases, it may lead to Visage Paranormal occasionally having to change, postpone or even cancel an event. Visage Paranormal will make every effort possible to contact guests if such an event occurs. In the event of this happening you will be offered either a transfer to the next available date for that event or a transfer to another location of the same value. Should any guest participating in an event decide to leave early because the night is NOT as they thought, this would be their perogative but Visage Paranormal WILL NOT be held liable and NO REFUND will be given.
- Visage Paranormal will use night vision cameras on some of our events to film certain teams. If you do not want to be filmed please tell one of our team and we will do our best to keep you out of the shot.
- Visage Paranormal will UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES guarantee that any paranormal activity will take place on your event. Visage Paranormal will NEVER fake any activity.
- At the beginning of the night all guests will be gathered together to undergo protection for the evening. It is up to you as a guest if you wish to take part in this process. If you do not want to take part in this then you do so at your own risk. If at any point throughout the night you feel uncomfortable then please feel free to ask one of our team who will be more than happy to help you in any way they can.
- When you book onto any event run by Visage Paranormal you agree to these terms and conditions all of which are non-negotiable.
- When booking onto any event with Visage Paranormal you automatically agree to be filmed or photographed for public use on social media or our website. If you would rather not appear on our social media page or our website then please talk to a member of our team at the beginning of the night and we will do our best to keep you out of all photos and film.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
It is the guests responsibility to make sure he/she/they can attend the date they have booked with us. If you or any of your group cannot attend for any reason we unfortunately will NOT be able to offer you a refund or transfer to another event. The reasons for this are that the places have already been booked with the location in advance so we are still liable for these costs although you are unable to make the event. ALL payments including deposits and payments in full are NON-REFUNDABLE.
When you book onto any of our events you are deemed to have automatically agreed to these terms and conditions. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are also indemnifying Visage Paranormal against all legality in respect of any claims or costs for personal injury, loss, damage to self or property or death arising from your participation during the course of our events.
Whilst we do hold public liability insurance (a copy can be produced if required) it is strongly advised that you do hold your own third party public liability insurance.