Become a Paranormal Investigator with Visage Paranormal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER THE RIGHT PERSON?
- FREE entry to some of the UK’s reputedly haunted locations
- Uniform (Small holding deposit required)
- The chance to become part of a well established team
- A great chance to explore some of the UK’s reputedly haunted locations
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Somebody who is 18 years or over If you are below the age of 18 then we are afraid we cannot consider your application.
- A dedicated team member who can commit to a maximum of TWO SATURDAY NIGHTS per month. Dates of events will be available on our website and social media and usually posted months in advance of the event taking place.
- The right person will understand that becoming a team member is purely voluntary and you will appreciate that being a part of the team is an extension of your hobby or interest in the paranormal. We do not mind if you want to book on ghost hunting events with other companies as long as it doesn’t clash with any of our own events and we also ask to keep in mind not to discuss Visage Paranormal business with anybody not directly linked with the company. This is referenced in the non-disclosure agreement that you will sign if successful.
- The right person must be a very reliable person who understands that not turning up for an event or being unavailable for an event creates a stressful situation for their team mates – We need people who we can count on all the time, not just some of the time. Genuine Emergencies WILL be considered.
- The right person will have attended one of our ghost hunting events, or similar, and you will understand how an event works and be familiar with how it should run in an organised and timely way. A suitable person who has previously worked for a third-party team will understand that each group/team is different and there are different ways of doing things. We have our own culture of operation, so new team members should adapt to the teams’ methods of event running, but with freedom to highlight areas of improvement when seen.
- We are looking for somebody who can get themselves to a location – they MUST arrive on time (the arrival time will be communicated a few days before the event) using their own car or be willing to car share with other team members from the same area. The right person will understand that on occasion long distances need to be covered with late night traveling or even an overnight stay (this must be booked by yourself and at cost to yourself).
- The right person will, upon arrival at the location, help to set up any equipment and refreshments before the guests arrive. If time allows after this then they can explore before the guests arrive. The same must be said for the end of the night too. They MUST help gather equipment in and put any furniture back where it was before the night started.
- You will understand that just because you love the paranormal and this position sounds thrilling, it doesn’t mean you have what it takes to be part of a very successful and hardworking public events team. If you lack the dedication to be a team player and only wish to apply because you see this as an opportunity to have a ‘free ghost hunt’ then this opportunity is not for you. An attitude and outlook such as this does not deliver the guest experience we strive for. We cannot stress enough that being a host is not the same as ghost hunting yourself and is purely an observational roll.
- The right person will understand that working one of our ghost hunting events is not the same as “going on a free ghost hunt” – it should never be seen this way. You understand that you are there to help the guests, even if you have already visited the location many times before you will be passionate about the venue and the event.
- The right person must be very approachable, be very friendly and ideally have a background in customer service. People with an ego need not apply. You MUST have an ‘egoless personality’ and not be looking for your ‘5 minuets of fame’.
- The right person MUST be willing to share Visage Paranormal events and website links using social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram etc) on local selling groups and paranormal interest groups and pages. The right person MUST do this of their own free will without having to be asked to do so. Hence, the right person will know how to use Social Media.
- A healthy interest in the paranormal is vital to the role and to know that every tap, bang and whistle may not be spirit. The right candidate will understand that our guests are looking for a genuine experience but not looking for trance mediumship, or to be scared by stories of demons. You will understand that as a member team your objective is to allow the guests to experience their own night without any negative influences from you. Visage Paranormal do not under any circumstances condone the faking of activity and as such you understand that if found to be faking activity you will not be permitted to attend further events.
- The right candidate will be have the confidence to work well on their own (when trained) and also as a team – You understand that you must take an active part in the investigation, leading guest vigils with enthusiasm. Standing back all night lending very little to the event or vigils and letting your colleague(s) do all the work is not what we require from our team members.
- You are to understand that we follow strict rules and guidelines along the lines of health and safety and data protection. The protection of our guests is paramount, and health and safety is in the thoughts of all we do at all times. The right person will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, as mentioned previously, that states that they must not under any circumstances discuss Visage Paranormal LTD business with anyone else.
- You will be asked to leave the team to make way for a more suitable candidate if you become a passenger rather than an active team player. A three-event probationary period will apply where you must show you have willingness and dedication to be a team member.
- Training will take place as ‘ON THE JOB’ training meaning you will be put with other experienced team members and learn how we run our vigils. If you have any questions during this time, then you are always encouraged to ask. If, after the three-event probationary period, you’re still not confident enough to take a group of your own with someone else then the role IS NOT for you.
WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR:
- People with an ego
- People who are looking for 5 minuets of fame
If you think you have what it takes, please fill in the form below with your details and we will get back to you to organise a formal chat.
Alternatively, please message us via our facebook page (www.facebook.com/visageparanormal) and we’ll discuss the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.